Friday, 30 November 2007

Day 11 - And still in the game

Well todays scan was much more positive. When I say positive I probably mean phsycologically positive rather than actually a positive result. We had a different nurse today and she seemed much more professional and very direct in everything she did. She was much quicker about everything and it made a real difference. I still have far too many follicles and to start with it sounded as though they hadn't grown at all. This nurse started with the right ovary which was different to the other nurse so I sat there thinking that I hadn't expected the right ovary ones to grow much as there are far too many on that side. We got two of 14mm on the right and I just lay back and listened to the numbers being called out and counted all the large ones on my fingers as the numbers ran over me. Four others on the left so we have 6 in total which are over 14mm - 4 more than on Wednesday.

So the result? I'm still stimming. I had fully expected today to be D-day and in my head I'd thought that we'd be abandoning the treatment. So it was good news for me when the nurse told me to keep stimulating - 150 today, 75 on Saturday and 150 on Sunday and then back for another scan on Monday. We're still in the game! This felt such a positive message after Wednesdays shock. But much as that's all good, we are still balancing on a precipice. I have too many follicles and we need to try to stimulate the big ones to grow whilst not stimulating the smaller ones. Monday for sure is now the deciding day as to whether I get to go for egg collection. I'd be gutted to get two days before egg collection to have to abandon it there.

So even more than ever this weekend it's a case of larger ones GROW! and smaller ones SHRINK! So it was back to Tesco to stock up on fresh fruit juice and milk - come on follies - you can do it!

No comments: