It's very strange, it's my last month of working in Bexleyheath at the Woolwich, Barclays and Accenture and after almost 14 years it seems extraordinary that it will finish in almost exactly 3 weeks time. It's rather sad. The whole complex is closing so it's not just the end for me but the end for everyone and everything on the site. The end of an era. I can't get my head around it really. I do feel as though I should be doing things about the future but you know what? - I really can't be arsed at the moment!I've already decided that December will be a month off work and that I'll start again in the New Year and find a job then. People keep asking me "Have you found a new job yet?", "Done your CV?", "Started looking?" etc. etc. But I figure that after almost 14 years working in the same place, in the same job with the same people, a month isn't really all that much to ask just to have a rest, spend some time with my family and perhaps reflect a bit on where the future might take me. The last thing I want to do is to rush into something which is wrong, just because I feel I should be earning some money and should be working. I don't feel the need to simply jump from one job to another immediately and I'm in an extremely fortunate position where my 13/14 years worth of redundancy money will tide us over for quite some time should it need to.
I do want to work though and I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I just don't know where I'm headed yet and I need to reflect and see what the next two months will bring. Things could turn out very differently to how anyone might have imagined, me included! I'm hoping and praying that things will turn out as I want after Christmas. But who knows? The direction that God chooses for the two of us could take us anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment