Tuesday, 20 November 2007

Day 1 - Stimming!

We're off and running onto the stimulation phase today. Now that my ovaries are resting and my womb lining is thin and everything is menopausal - it's time to kick those ovaries back into action! What does it mean? It means that this morning I had to start on Gonal F which is a hormone to get the ovaries making follicles. It basically means I have two injections every day instead of one as I still have to take the buserelin to down-regulate everything else so that the eggs only ripen but don't mature totally. I have to say that I did feel slightly like some sort of addict this morning firstly using a large syringe to inject solvent into the Gonal powder to activate it and then the two syringes to do my two injections. It's getting really rather strange.

So this is my life for the next two weeks. Next week I have three (THREE!) scans to check out what is happening and if all goes okay then egg collection the week after. It's getting very exciting! I just hope that lots of nice healthy juicy follicles start to grow.

I'm still determined to have no side effects. Although I have a stuffed up nose and cold at the moment so I probably wouldn't really notice if I did ha ha. It's just two weeks and then onto the next milestone so not long.

No comments: