Friday, 16 November 2007

Day 18 - Dates in the diary

Well my blood test was fine so I have clearance to start stimming on Tuesday 20th November. This means I have a 1st scan on 26th Nov, 2nd on 28th and 3rd on 30th Nov with a pencilled in date for egg collection on 4th December. Which is great news that I can get started.

What wasn't such great news was that my 3rd scan is on the Good Food Show day and so I knew I had to tell mum as I have to cancel our trip. I was quite upset about this. I'd been adamant I didn't want to tell anyone else about things and I think I always just had this dream of being able to turn up and say I was pregnant. I think at the same time I don't want to have to tell people if it doesn't work as that will be just as hard. I had a few tears thinking about it and was so nervous picking up the phone to talk to my mum - how stupid - my own mother! But she was fine about it - how unsurprising really - doh! I do feel guilty for letting her down though and I'm disappointed to be missing the Show as it is good fun. Maybe next year though -if I can get a baby-sitter (big grin!)

No comments: