Monday, 26 November 2007

Day 7 - Follicles are coming!

My first scan today after beginning stimming. I was convinced that nothing much would have happened and that I'd have one or two tiny little follicles. But it was completely the opposite - as soon as the nurse started scanning she said 'yep here they are' and even I could seen the little dark splodges which were the growing sacs. How amazing is that? Not only were there some there were loads! Rob had to write down the numbers and sizes as I was scanned and there were something like 15 on one side and 23 on the other with sizes ranging from 5mm to 11mm. I think they need to get to about 15-16mm before they are big enough but they are certainly getting there.

My Gonal F injection has been halved as I have responded so well and the most dangerous side-effect of stimulating the ovaries is over-stimulating them so they are going to have to be careful not to go too far. I'm now worrying the other way - instead of worrying that nothing is happening my worry now is that I will over-stimulate. If that happens we have to abandon treatment for this cycle and we certainly don't want to be doing that!!

Still it's all good, we have follicles!! Rob has been singing the Coca-Cola Christmas advert music which normally goes 'Holidays are coming, holidays are coming' but he is now singing 'Follicles are coming, follicles are coming" tee hee.

So one day at work tomorrow and then back to the Chaucer for my next scan. I'm really glad I have two more scans this week to keep an eye on things. If things go well this time next week I will be getting ready for egg collection. Nearly there!

No comments: