Thursday, 15 November 2007

Day 17 - Baseline Scan

I had a nervous and not very good nights sleep last night as it was my baseline scan and blood test today. I suddenly got nervous yesterday afternoon and was thinking 'what if my womb lining is still thick?', 'what if my ovaries are still active?', 'what if I'm not down-regulated?', 'what if it's not working?!' etc. etc.

Anyway as it happened it all went fine, the scan started off a bit strange with the nurse saying that I was going to be a difficult one to see properly. Then she seemed to identify both ovaries and say that my womb lining was looking nice and thin - personally I couldn't see a thing on the screen, it was all mush - but I guess she must have known what she was looking at. So I was then sent off to the pharmacy to pick up my next bag of tricks and then on for a blood test and a lesson on how to mix and inject the next round of drugs.

I'm not onto the next stage yet though, I have to phone tomorrow to get my blood results and see what dates they've come up with to begin. As I'm over a week early starting they might make me wait for the original dates they planned, but I'm hoping they will start me off quite quickly. I'm hoping they will fit in around the Good Food Show on 30th with mum as we haven't told anyone about the IVF and I don't want to have to cancel else I'll have to tell her why.

No comments: