It's my last week at the Woolwich this week. How do I feel? Excited that I have to go out and find a new job and meet new challenges. Glad (big time) that I have a month off work now to enjoy December, chill for a bit, spend time with Rob, see the family and have a great Christmas. And sad that I'll no longer have to drive to Bexleyheath every day, go into the Woolwich Building and meet up with all my friends from Woolwich, Barclays and Accenture. And on top of that - no chatting with the lady in Sainsburys at lunchtime and no chatting with Jo, Mick, Phil and Sandra in the Broadway Sandwich Bar. I will certainly miss them and my 'rugby' chats with Mick every few days.
It's all swings and roundabouts isn't it? I'll lose some colleagues that I've known for years but when I get my new job I'll gain new colleagues. I guess that's the way that life works but you can only go forwards - there's always Facebook for saying 'hi'! I take away with me some fantastic friends, many of whom have already left before me and we still meet up and share good times. I also take away my husband! The Woolwich has been a very good place for me.
I'm going to feel very sad on Thursday and probably quite emotional. I've spent a long time working in Bexleyheath and saying goodbye and ending it all will bring tears to my eyes. Crikey. This is really it.
No comments:
Post a Comment