Thursday, 6 December 2007

We have embryos!

We have embryos!! We are the proud parents of seven! The Chaucer rang this morning and 7 of the eggs have been fertilised and are looking good. Seven out of ten is pretty good so we are really happy and Rob was extra happy that his super-sperm did their job.

So the next stage is embryo transfer and we are pencilled in for tomorrow at 3.45pm although as with every stage there is a question mark over it! I have to ring the clinic tomorrow for them to see how I am. Because I had so many follicles I am at risk of OHSS and so we need to ensure that my ovaries have calmed down before they can continue with an embryo transfer. Dr Evans did drain all of them yesterday so I'm hoping that they will now just shrink and go away.

I'm not sure what the phone call tomorow will entail but I guess they will want to scan me to check everything is okay before I get the go-ahead to proceed. Please, please, please let me be okay to have transfer! I'd be gutted if I got to the final hurdle and then had to wait until next month. Mind you this time last week we were thinking that the whole cycle was going to be abandoned so we've done so well to get this far and actually have embryos. If I can't have a transfer tomorrow they will get frozen and I'll have to do a short cycle in January.

No comments: