Sunday, 16 December 2007

Wasps vs Clermont

It's amazing how you take good health for granted. I'm usually in good health (thankfully!) and don't often take to my sick bed. So it kind of knocked me for six a bit to find myself on a drip in a hospital bed. My body is in a good state (despite perhaps being a little flabby and overweight at the moment) and I can tell that from my blood pressure and the charts which the hospital created whilst I was there. I'm also pleasantly surprised at how quickly my bloated tummy has gone down and things gone back to normal. I've lost my 92cm 'girth' quickly and I have lost 9lbs in 4-5 days which is due to my kidneys working hard to get rid of all the extra fluid.

We went to Wasps yesterday for a big European match against the French side Clermont Auverne. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it and earlier in the week we had already written it off. But I knew how much Rob really really wanted to go and so when I was feeling better on Friday said it should be okay to go. I was actually quite scared though as a Wasps match does involve a bit of walking and standing around and I just had no idea what my body could put up with at the moment.

But it came through trumps! I made efforts to relax and chill whenever I was sitting down and despite feeling tired in the car on the way home, things were good. It was the last home match before Christmas so we were able to go for a meal with our friends Maggie, Martin, Ann and John afterwards which was really nice. Thank you God!

No comments: