It's been hard to get into Christmas this year. I thought that with finishing work at the end of November that I'd have loads of fun time to get my Christmas shopping done in good time and to get the tree up early and just be organised and relaxed for once. This has not happened! Rob and I went to Bluewater today for a couple of hours and it totally and utterly did me in. I was determined not to power-shop and normally I scuttle about here, there and everywhere at top speed. But today we walked slowly and calmly and took it easy but I am absolutely knackered. I'm still not finished so may have to go again tomorrow or Thursday - sigh!
We had a lovely meal at Val and John's last night. We don't normally see them until the day after Boxing Day as we are at my parents but as we have both been not working we asked them about perhaps meeting for lunch one day before Christmas. And this then turned into them doing a full yummy meal at their house and inviting Jo, Alex, Charlotte and Sam - which was brill! It was lovely to see the kids in the run up to Christmas and it was an action-packed evening with the obligatory round of charades. It's even more fun now that the children are old enough to join in and actually enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment