It wouldn't be IVF if there wasn't another trick you have to get used to. For the first stages of IVF it's all about injecting yourself and getting used to doing that on a daily basis. After embryo transfer the needles are discarded but it then becomes all about sticking things where the sun doesn't shine.
My schedule for the 2 week wait involves putting a Cyclogest pessary or Botty Bullet up my bum every morning and every evening. This was quite a thing for me to do as I really really didn't want to do this - I think I preferred the injections! However once you've done it once it is actually quite easy. The trickiest part is working out if you are going to need to do a Number 2 in the next hour or if you are safe to pop one up there.
The only other delightful thing during the 2 week wait is the mid-day Crinone gel or Vadge Gel which has to be inserted once a day. Lovely!
They are all basically progesterone which is absorbed quickly into the system. Because my hormones were down-regulated to begin with I guess they are slower to get up to speed if I am pregnant so the bullets and gel are just extra hormone boosts just in case they are required. Apparently even if you get pregnant you have to continue with the bullets for the first 12 weeks. Well if I get pregnant I will rejoice in feeding 'my boys'.
No comments:
Post a Comment