Friday, 21 December 2007

Big Fat Positive!

Oh my goodness - It was test day today and I slept terribly. I woke up early after dreaming of doing pregnancy tests and when I finally went to the bathroom, Rob was instantly awake and said he'd had THREE dreams about testing too!

So I did the business and we sat and watched the line go across and then the pee reach the other line and that was it.

"It's going to be negative" I thought, and Rob was saying "It looks like it's negative" but stupid us weren't actually timing so had only been watching for about 30-40 seconds instead of waiting for the 2 minutes. Rob then started saying "I can see a faint line!!!"

I was too busy looking at the instructions still to find out what it all meant but lo and behold another line was appearing!!! It was positive!!

We are both stunned and still can't really believe it. We still keep saying 'are you sure?' because it so looked like a negative to start with but it definitely got a second line.

Now, instead of being terrified of pregnancy testing I am now terrified of the totm beginning as I am still getting some grumbles and aches down there. Don't get me wrong - I'm over the moon that it was a positive test, I really really can't believe it. I feel like I'm in such a fragile state and that I could start bleeding at any second. With IVF the first few weeks are crucial and anything could really happen. Please please please let them stay put!

No comments: