Monday, 3 December 2007

Day 14 - Lucky for us!

Well I had my scan this morning at 9.15am and was pleasantly surprised to count up 7 on the right ovary and 4 on the left which were 16mm or over. I still have masses of little ones at 10mm or less though - blooming little ones! So it was all very touch and go. The nurse didn't sound too hopeful and went off to discuss it with my consultant. But the good news is that although my risk of getting OHSS is raised, he is still okay for me to go ahead - yippee!

So......it's now TRIGGER DAY!! Oh-my-goodness! I have to confess I was hoping and hoping my cycle wouldn't be abandoned but I also had a little bit of doubt over if they would really continue, but it's good news! We're good to go!

So I have had my last Buserelin injection this morning, from tomorrow my system is no longer down-regulated. I've had my last Gonal F yesterday and I have my trigger injection to set everything off into the final stages at 8pm this evening. My eggs are then being collected at 8am in the morning (eek!) on Wednesday. I can't really believe it.

I am at a higher risk of OHSS as the ovaries carry on doing stuff even after egg collection and so I'm going to have to be careful. If this happens and I do go into OHSS then they will have to freeze any embryos which have been created until my ovaries are back to normal and so wait until the New Year to actually pop them back in. This would mean doing the Buserelin again in a short cycle.

But I'm still here! I can't believe that today is trigger day, I really didn't expect that. Thank you, thank you, thank you God!

No comments: