Friday, 28 December 2007

Christmas 2007

What a strange Christmas this has been. Nice but strange. After my positive test on Friday, I started having quite a few period-type aches down below, not all the time but on and off and I was terrified that it was going to arrive.

We did another test on Saturday as the Friday one was so confusing and it was again positive - we now have both the tests sitting on the back of the loo so that I can just have a peek every now and then to confirm that they were really positive and I wasn't imagining it!

Every time I've been to the loo since Friday I've been looking down at my knickers just dreading any telltale signs and then thanking Him upstairs when there weren't any. I'm finding myself praying all the time, every time I go to the loo, every morning when I wake up and every evening before I go to sleep.

I'm now exactly 5 weeks today and I guess I'm kind of starting to relax a little now (only a tiny bit though! ) and sort of believe that it might just be real. I can't quite let myself think that I'm pregnant yet though and Rob and I are still kind of treating it as just another step on the IVF ladder until we get to 14th Jan and get my first scan.

We are both just kind of floating through the days - last week went SO slowly! Although we do keep having big hugs whenever there's no one there and just kind of going 'oh my God' to each other.

No comments: