We had a lovely couple of days for our birthdays. It was brilliant not being at work and being able to have a cup of tea in bed and open our presents and cards - bliss! I think they should bring in some new type of law which says that it's illegal to force anyone to work on their birthday. So every year you can have a nice day.
We drove up to Eynesford for a pub lunch on my birthday. I can't remember the last time we went to the Malt Shovel but we did used to go there quite a bit when I lived in Dartford and you forget how nice it is out that way. Lunch was yummy too, they had lamb shank on as a special which is one of my all time favourites so I had to have it. When it arrived it was massive - I'd have loved to have seen how big this supposed lamb was ha ha! It was very nice tho'.
I decided to treat Rob for his birthday. He had been going on about Nintendo Wii's since before Christmas and it had actually become a bit of a joke that I'd get him one for his birthday. I'd already bought him some other things and wrapped them up and I was at my computer on Friday and just went onto Amazon and had a look and they had Wii's in stock at a decent price so just completely out of the blue I ordered one and paid to have guaranteed next day delivery. It was SO exciting thinking about it and tracking the order online. That evening Rob joked and said 'Have you got the Wii yet?' and so I just said 'Hmmmm - yeah no problem I'll get it delivered first thing tomorrow..'
The next morning we woke up and I went to make the tea and we sat in bed and Rob opened all his cards and presents. And it was perfect - literally 5 minutes afterwards at just gone 9am there was a knock on the door and Rob said 'Who on earth is that?' I ran downstairs, ripped open the Amazon box and went upstairs with it behind my back. You should have seen Rob's face!!!! It was fantastic.
So we are now wii owners and have been wii'ing quite a bit. So much so that my arm muscles are killing me, it hurts to put my arms up to put clothes on and off and somehow one bum cheek has strained muscles all the way down into my thigh - from bowling I think. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but completely and utterly good fun too.
No comments:
Post a Comment