Oops - I've probably had a bit too much wine this evening - but bear with me!! So how did the interview go? Well something strange happened actually - it got to about midday and I had my lunch and did a bit more swatting but instead of the nerves building they kind of peaked and went down. Shortly before I left, Rob and I were in the kitchen talking normally and having a laugh and I actually felt quite calm.
By the time I was sitting in the reception I was a touch nervous but felt confident. Normally at this stage my heart is beating hard and my tummy really painful with nerves. I remember walking into interviews before with my heart beating so hard that I thought everyone would be able to hear it! Thankfully this didn't happen.
The guys interviewing me were really nice and the interview was really informal and relaxed. In fact we kept going off at tangents - we talked about all sorts - including rugby (always helps!!) And there were no technical questions, only competency ones which to someone who has worked for 'B' and 'A' are just so easy. So it all feels kind of good.
Do I want this job? Yes
Do I want to work there? Yes
I still feel nervous that I don't have the skills - but at no point have I been asked about my experience with .NET. They assume because I passed the technical test that I am experienced with it. My CV says that I've worked with it - which isn't a lie, I have done training courses (3 years ago!) and supported an application (for a short time.) But I don't have much experience or knowledge of developing with it. So I feel slightly a fraud.
Oh well we shall see! I guess I'm only feeling a fraud because I have an inkling that I might get offered a job. But I could be wrong!
I think this evening I'm just relieved and glad that after all these years I can now go to an interview as a competent and confident professional. And not be completely terrified by the experience. There is light at the end of the tunnel - halleluliah!
No comments:
Post a Comment