Today's the big day with my interview at 3 o'clock! And boy - don't I know it? I'd forgotten this stupid nervous thing that seems to go on. I had a restless night on Wednesday night with interview questions going on as I dozed and last night was an absolutely terrible nights sleep - how utterly ridiculous! This morning I have butterflies in my tummy, my mind appears to be blanking and I'm trying to 'revise' and stuff last minute answers and examples into my head.
I wish I was one of these people who could breeze through interviews - it's not as though I'm really that bothered about the job but I just have this 'thing' about looking a complete and utter idiot and a fear of getting asked multiple technical questions to which I have no answer. I'm not the best person at thinking on my feet - my mind blanks and I panic. I'm hopeless at pub quizzes because I can't think quickly. If you were to give me the questions on a sheet of paper where I can sit and think I'd be fine - but face to face - uh-uh!
So - it's not life or death is it? No one's going to get hurt? Okay so I might get questions I can't answer and might look a little daft or stupid if I can't answer them. But it's just an hour. A measly hour's time. And then I can say 'thank you very much', walk out with my head held high and come home ready for the weekend.
Right - now how to get that message to my head and to my butterflies?
No comments:
Post a Comment