Friday, 1 February 2008

Keep on Running!

I've been out running again twice this week and am really enjoying it. Rob came with me on Tuesday which was great although I can never keep up with him. It made me on edge to start with because I was trying to keep up with him and then once he'd gone ahead I kept thinking I should be trying to catch up. It was only once I relaxed and thought about me that it all came together again. We went again today (Friday) and I managed to run the whole thing with no power walking at the far end.

I mapped it all online and the route is 3.3 miles in total so a nice little run and I did it today in just over 35 minutes so I'm really pleased. Rob bought me a heart-rate monitor watch for my birthday so I could wear it and watch how fast my heart went and I'll be able to plan my minimums and maximums for fat burning and stuff. It really makes me want to go running even more just to wear it and see how I'm improving. It tells you the calories burnt and the best bit is when you've finished running and are back inside having a drink and you can see your heart rate calming down but the calories still being burnt up - it's fab!

No comments: