Sunday, 24 February 2008

Playing at The Club

I played rugby for Beccs at Blackheath today for the first time in around 6 months and I really enjoyed it. I loved meeting and seeing some of the the girls whom I hadn't seen for ages and was chuffed with the welcome they gave me. I also enjoyed warming-up and doing stretches, exercises and drills. And I really enjoyed just chatting in the changing rooms before and after and laughing at some of the japes and jokes.

I played outside centre - eek! So I spent half the match running around trying to get back into the right position with people yelling 'out left' - 'out right' - 'get in line' ha ha. And that was when I wasn't walking back to our in-goal area after their tiny nippy centre had dodged past me and Steph - oops! I really don't have much of a clue what I'm doing out there and don't feel that I actually played to my potential all that much - 'Forward Power' is where it's at! I loved getting involved in a couple of the mauls especially when I had my hands on the ball and stopped it coming back out for the opposition - yay!

I can feel my muscles tightening up and my back muscles aching and I know that tomorrow I will be very stiff (ready for my Monday morning run). But the great thing is that I was exercising for around an hour without really realising it and enjoying it - great stuff!

No comments: