I'm adding a link today for anyone who reads my blog to sign-up for organ donation. I've always carried a donor card for as long as I can remember. My parents always had them and I remember seeing them in their wallets and I remember getting my own card when I was quite young which I filled in and popped into my purse. It's still there now, although I now have a number of cards so there is one in each purse or bag I carry. I can't really see or understand why anyone wouldn't. I mean everyone dies one day. I'm hoping that it won't be sooner rather than later that I go and I'm kind of hoping for a nice long life. But you never really know. I might get knocked over by a bus tomorrow. And if I'm dead and gone then I'd instead of just being buried or cremated, I'd really much rather that parts of my body were taken out and used to help someone else to live a full and happy life. If I've gone then I don't need my body anymore. But there are a whole load of people out there who are living day to day with terminal conditions and illnesses who do need it. And I'd die a happier person knowing I'd left the world with something good.
Go on - Get a Life! Sign up today... http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/how_to_become_a_donor.jsp
No comments:
Post a Comment