Thursday, 7 June 2007

We have tomato lift-off!

Achievement Announcement!!
I have planted the tomato plants!!
Phew!
It's quite a relief to have finally potted up my tomato plants. They were grown from seed by my Dad and he gave me three spares he had which having stood on my patio for around two weeks were slowly starting to look rather unhappy in their tiny plastic pots and were beginning to go a bit yellow in places.

I actually feel really rather proud of them now as they are in the big terracotta pots I had flowers in last year, each with their own cane to grow up and they look rather nice and SO much happier.

I would have been very disappointed in myself if I'd let them die after all Dad's hard work to grown them from scratch. I just need to remember to keep watering them now and hope they produce lots of lovely toms like the ones in the picture tee hee.

No comments: