I had a test-run up to Canary Wharf last week. It was an organised thing from work and we are going up in small groups to test out what our new journey towards the end of the year will be and to have a tour of the building. It took me 2 hours door-to-door to get there for the 9.30am meet. It wasn't a bad journey, there were no delays and it was all very straight-forward - it just took a long time.
I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I think I actually feel better really. The building itself was quite nice and will make us all a lot more professional than we are now. It's smart, not really plush or anything but just new and so much better than what we work in now. The area around Docklands is great though, it's all on the water and has nice bars and things outside and it kind of has a buzz about it as though great business and trade is going on all around. It's actually a very nice place to work.
I wish they'd done this years ago when I would have been more willing to work in Central London. Our first house when Rob and I moved in together was in Greenwich and it would have been perfect from there - just a 10 minute trip on the DLR. I feel a bit sad that I'm not going to be able to carry on with the job and my team and start afresh in the new place (even though the job hasn't been great for a while) but I don't think there's anyway on earth I can cope with travelling for 4 hours a day. Every day. Every week. Just to get to work. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment