I went to the gym this evening. There was no drama, I just knew from the moment I went to bed last night and the moment I woke up that I was going. And guess what? My membership had expired at the end of May ha ha. That's actually kind of funny isn't it? Luckily their computers have been up the spout and haven't been reminding people so they let me in free tonight. I will have to renew though which is really good because having to fork out money will give me even more reason to go.
I weighed myself this morning which was slightly traumatic. I don't really weigh myself as a general rule and I weighed in as a heavy-weight of eleven stones, thirteen and a quarter pounds exactly! Oh my Goodness!! It's quite shocking as it's the heaviest I've ever been in my life and it has to stop NOW! Rob is only a few pounds heavier than me and he's taller than me AND a bloke!
I feel good for having done something positive tonight. The trouble with me is that I like my food and I like eating. So no matter how much I might begin to try to cut down I know it won't last long. It's not that my diet is that bad really. It's only at really work that I let myself down by buying crisps, liquorice or sweets at lunchtime as it counteracts when I'm having a bad or stressful day.
So for me the way to lose weight has always been to exercise and it's the lack of it over the last year which has got me in this position. Fat burning and toning is the way to go! So tonight I did 20 mins on the bike, 20 mins on the runner and then 6 mins on the cross-trainer. I was going to do more on the cross-trainer at the end but it always kills me and I just really really couldn't do anymore by that stage. Still 46 mins is a brilliant first attempt back so I just need to keep doing this regularly and hopefully one day I might just get a glimpse of something that looks kind of like my lovely smooth tummy of old :)
2 comments:
Right you've motivated me too.
The pounds are creeping back on and I hate myself for it.
I worked so hard to get rid of three and a half stone and sheer laziness risks me losing it all. I want to get down to 11 stone 13 lb which will give me half a stone buffer within my bmi.
I belong to a gym too.... I must find my way there again.
Have signed up to the Hydro Active 5k too
Hannah x
Hi Han - you hve done SO brilliantly to lose three and a half stone!! I haven't actually dared to work out my BMI yet as I know I was near the limit sometime last year when I though about it. Eek. Well done on the 5K - running for 20 mins on Wed nearly killed me, my muscles ACHE today!! :)
Post a Comment