It's just over a week until our appointment at the Chaucer to see the consultant about IVF. It's getting very close now! Rob had to go there yesterday to make a little deposit and we've had to get our preliminary tests done too. It was kind of strange having to ring our surgery to ask for our tests. Before we can go any further we had to have HIV and Hepatitis B and C tests to make sure we are clear. And I had to check I have Rubella immunity and haven't got Chlamydia.
This is going to sound really silly but I was nervous going to pick up the results!! I mean how silly, I knew we were both in the clear but it was a strange feeling going to pick up tests for what could be life-threatening viruses and my mind kept playing silly little 'what if?' jokes on me. But thankfully (and of course!) they were all fine and so it's onwards and upwards for the 18th. I wonder how soon we can begin treatment? I feel like I'm standing on top of a huge great rolling hill looking out at the landscape which fills the view. It's taken us three years to get to the top of this hill and we're just taking the first tottering steps over the edge...what will happen? Will we soar into the skies for a 9-month flight? Or will we glide and then fall through the trees to the ground?
No comments:
Post a Comment