Sunday, 17 June 2007

Getting nervous now

We have our IVF consultation on Tuesday and I've just been reading through all the information that the Chaucer has sent through for us and filling in the forms for the appointment. I'm feeling quite nervous now. It's strange to read through all the various techniques which can be used and all the things which may get done to us. And it's hard to really imagine that we could almost be on the point of starting this. But then you read the stats at the back and how many cycles are actually successful and how low the success rate is and it gets a bit scary. I guess all we can do is think positively and I know that both Rob and I are thinking that this is going to work for us straight away with no room for failures. It's just the way we have to think.

I can't wait for Tuesday now for the appointment. It's been put back a day as it was originally Monday but that one had to be moved. I keep thinking that Mark & Lisa have gone through all this and they have a lovely gorgeous bouncing baby girl. So why shouldn't it work for us too? I feel really strange this evening now, sort of nervous, sort of scared and sort of impatient. Roll on Tuesday. I'm glad our appointment is 9am. No messing, up early, drive to Canterbury and in we go.

No comments: