Wednesday, 13 June 2007

Bigger than the average bare..

I had a nightmare today. I was in Next trying on some clothes and stripped to my underwear and then looked in horror at the view in the mirror. Where did that flabby stomach come from? I looked like I was in the first stages of pregnancy with a flabby splodgy layer covering it all. What a horrible sight!

I'm so angry with myself for letting things get out of hand. I've always been lucky that I've been active and sporty and never really put on weight that showed, but the last couple of years I've really slacked and not done half as much as I used to and simply assumed that even in my thirties the weight would just stay off like it always did in my twenties. I was horrified at what I saw today, I've known for a while that I need to get active again and my thighs have shown the first bad signs of putting on weight. But I've always had big thighs and so this is something I've always accepted. I've always liked my body though and been at home with it and my lovely flat stomach was something I was always proud of. But it's gone. Covered in a layer of fat. Bulging.

I'm kind of upset but more than anything I'm really angry that I just assumed things would stay the same and angry that its taken my body to look this cr*p before I actually notice it.

No comments: