I don't know what happened yesterday but I got up in such a bad mood! I was tired and I didn't want to go to work and everything that happened during the day just made me feel more blue and more down. It was awful. It was like the feeling I often get the day before my period for a few hours when I feel a bit sad and teary. But yesterday it was the whole day, I got up feeling down, I went to work feeling down and after a few tears I went to bed feeling down.Everything just made me sad. I didn't want to go to work and felt sad that I don't like my job and have to start looking for a new one. My sister-in-law has lost a stone in weight and looked fab on Sunday and it made me think about how unfit I am and how I need to do some regular exercise and think about my diet, and that made me feel bad. Then at work the team started talking about their coming holidays and mum and dad are off to Italy next week and I felt down as I haven't got any holidays coming up, despite having had a wonderful month off before Christmas! Then Richard sent me the gorgeous photo of Nick and Emily jumping in the paddling pool. And then I felt sad because I'd love to have two gorgeous under fives of my own. And then someone mentioned the chances of VR at work are probably about 1 in 40 due to the number of people that have applied, and that made me feel down. And even stupid things like when I got home I saw the tomato plants that Dad has given me that I haven't got around to planting in pots yet and that just made me feel useless and so even more down! And on and on and on... I just couldn't break out of it. Even my yoga class failed to relax me enough to cheer me up and go and get a life :)
Thankfully I woke up this morning, still very tired and still not really wanting to go to work, but in a MUCH better mood! What on earth happened yesterday? I just saw the black, negative side of everything despite most of them having glittery, silver linings. One of my mantras is that you have to experience bad times in life to appreciate the good times and all I can think is that I had such a happy and 'up' day on Sunday that yesterdays 'down' was the yang to equal things out. I guess it's what you do with them that counts. So - gym anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment