Refusing the Voltarol this time was definitely a good thing. Last time I had no pain at all on the day of egg collection or the day after and although my tummy is still quite sore today, I have no diarrhoea, no bloating and no terrible indigestion which is a definite improvement from last time. In fact looking back I think it was a mixture of the Volt-Troll and OHSS beginning which made me feel so bad before. I'm just hoping and praying that OHSS keeps away for good this time.
So - the 9.30am phone call. You've no idea how scary that call is. It's the first thing I was thinking about as I lay in bed this morning and when I lay reading later with a cup of tea it kept preying on my mind. And as the clock ticked over into 9am I kept thinking about the noise of the phone ringing and what news it might bring. And then - oh my gosh! - when it finally rang - BOOM! BOOM! went my heart!! But it's all good - in fact it's unbelievable - 10 out of 10 fertilised!! And we are on for embryo transfer at mid-day tomorrow. We were over the moon!! In fact Rob went on to say - what on earth are we doing having fertility problems? - we have loads of eggs and they fertilise - ggrrrhh!!!
So it's good news. Through the excitement I have to remind myself that it's all very well having loads of eggs which have fertilised. The trick is to get them implanted and growing nicely inside ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment