Egg collection happened this morning - and we didn't break down on the way - yay! It all went very smoothly. They managed to extract 15 eggs and 10 of them were mature enough for ICSI - which is exactly the same number as last time! So we now await the phone call tomorrow to see how many go on to fertilise and grow - fingers crossed!
The only difference this time is that I refused the voltarol suppository as it gave me terrible diarrhoea and indigestion so they just gave me paracetamol (I think) which has now worn off and so I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach by a rather large horse. Its not painful enough yet for me to have taken anything else - but I do feel very fragile and have been asleep on the sofa for most of the afternoon.
It was kind of strange this time as both of us were so much more relaxed. I guess we knew what to expect this time, or perhaps it was because we didn't have the trauma of nearly breaking down and not getting there ha ha. But we sat in my room and were joking and messing around until a few minutes before the nurse came to get me. The anaesthetist seemed to have a few problems with my veins which is weird because they normally have no problems at all. This guy put a needle in my hand and messed around for a few minutes before putting a plaster on it and trying the other hand. He then decided to go for the vein in my arm which was a relief as that went straight in. The lights went out and in went the drugs and off I drifted to sleep and the next thing I knew I was back in the room and having a nice doze.
No comments:
Post a Comment