Sunday, 13 April 2008

National Trophy Champions

Yesterday was such good fun! Even if it did mean getting up at my normal work time on a weekend to get the train into London. Our match was the middle one of three so it was an early kick-off at 12 noon so we met up with Mum, Dad and Rich in the car-park and Chris, Jo, Midge and Pam also came over and found us so we had a bite to eat and a drink and some fun in the car-park before going into the game.

The atmosphere inside was fantastic - 15,000 Saints fans all singing and cheering on the team so we had many many rounds of 'Oh when the Saints' (or 'Oh Wendy' as most people call it these days ha ha.) It wasn't the best match ever but we won and scored two tries and it was just fab as we were waiting for them to go up to get the cup as we were just singing and chanting, 'Come on you Saints' and 'Oh Wendy' and I had a few tears in my eyes when they lifted the trophy - sad-oh!

But the funniest was yet to come with the Tigers vs Ospreys match afterwards. Saints fans were in very good humour by then and fuelled by the early start on the bevvies decided to carry on the celebrations by singing through the last match too. Considering the mutual love (not!)between Tigers and Saints it was just hilarious to hear 'Oh Wendy' booming out across Twickenham. By all accounts it could be heard clearly on the tv coverage too! Good times! Tigers lost and proved that the pride of the Midlands really was Northampton this week.

I was absolutely exhausted when I got home - it was only around 7pm but I just felt completely pooped. I don't know if it's the IVF cycle or what. I don't recall feeling tired last time although I guess I had done quite a bit of walking throughout the day and used lots of nervous energy during the match. I lay on the bed and watched the 'I'd do anything' show and nearly nodded off. I slept like a log last night which was great as I've not been sleeping well lately. I'm still tired today really but I have another early start tomorrow for my first scan - pray for some good quality follicles!

1 comment: