Monday, 28 April 2008

Jam-packed weekend

I just had a lovely weekend. On Friday as I was feeling okay after embryo transfer we went down to Rob's parent's house after lunch because his Nan was visiting for the weekend. We spent a relaxing afternoon in the new conservatory drinking tea and eating biscuits and having a good old chat to Nan and we ended up staying for dinner (which is always nice!)

On Saturday we began by picking up mum, dad and Richard and went on to Franklins Gardens for the final league match of the season against Launceston. It was a lovely sunny day with a bit of a party atmosphere because if Saints won it would mean they'd done a clean sweep of the season, winning every match in the League and Cup. They were also on for setting a record for the most points scored in a National League 1 campaign and Chris Ashton was on for scoring a record number of tries. Which he and they did! It was great fun and Saints got presented with the Nat 1 trophy. It was also a little sad to say our goodbyes to some of the players who are leaving this season as we go up to the Premiership.

Saints celebrate - and Chris and I smile madly!

With our first sun-kissed faces of the year we then went back to Richard and Sandras for a mad hour with the kids before snuggling down, me with Em and Rob with Nick to read their bedtime stories. Sandra had cooked us all a tasty chili which was gorgeous and we then got down to the serious business of playing with their new wii, which with mum and dad playing is rather funny - tee hee.On Sunday I then popped down to see my Gran for a hour or so whilst Dad took Gramp for a pint and then it was back to mum and dads for a scrumptious roast dinner followed by some rather wet fun in the garden with Nick and Em.


All in all it was a really lovely weekend. Full of all my most favourite things, rugby, fun, laughter and the people I love. I almost called this post 'perfect weekend' because it very nearly was. The only thing which I would have changed would have been to get rid of the swollen gum in my mouth which on and off makes my ear and head ache (booo hisss!) Still back to work today to chill and recuperate ha ha!

No comments: