So third day of stimming already - I really can't believe it. I had to down-reg for 22 days last time so it feels super-quick this time around. It's great news though. I really feel as though things are moving and can't believe I'm actually growing follicles right now.
Anyway things being as they are, I thought I'd better think about how it's going to work out having time off work for the scans and days off for egg collection and transfer. I decided to try to be as honest as possible and so asked my new boss for 4-days annual leave. I explained that I had a 'minor out-patients appointment' on Tuesday 22nd and then a check-up for it on Thursday 24th so wanted to take the whole four days off work to recover. And he was absolutely fine about it. In fact he was more than fine and told me I shouldn't be using my annual leave when it should be sick leave! Under normal circumstances he would be right but I'm still on probation for another 16 weeks and don't want it to count against me. If I take sick leave I have to fill in forms with questions on them and as I'm not completely permanent yet I only get statutory sick pay if I'm off.
So my boss said he'd talk to HR about it and I was terrified that they were going to start asking pesky questions but in the end he came back and said HR had confirmed what I was saying about just getting SSP and stuff and so he's said he's happy to sign it off as annual leave for me. In fact he did say that another time he'd be happy for me to work around the appointments, take the time off in lieu and make the time up later which is really kind of him.
I also told him I had three appointments next week in preparation for the week after and so would be late in on three days and so would work 10am-6pm those days and he was fine with that too - phew!! I've been so very very lucky with this all working out. I seem to have fallen on my feet with this job and with my work-mates and boss and even this cycle is working out with the Chaucer fitting me in quickly and getting me early appointments. It could have been so very much harder and stressful and I'm so thankful that it's working out.
Already this cycle is absolutely nothing like the last one. I'm just praying that the final outcome is also nothing like the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment