I did my trigger injection at 9.15pm this evening so that's it - I'm done and dusted with the injections for the time being. Hopefully for a very long time! The trigger injection is a strange one - it's a bigger syringe than the daily jabs but still only has 0.5ml in it. It just seems like a more grown-up and serious injection that the others. I guess it's because it's kind of important. It basically makes all the eggs in the follicles ripen and mature so that they are ready for egg collection in exactly 36 hours time. Timing is critical so I had to do it at 9.15pm ready for my egg collection at 9.15am on Tuesday morning. I think if you do it too early, the eggs aren't mature enough to fertilise and if you do it too late then you can ovulate and the eggs are expelled from the ovary, not collected and so go to waste.
The injection does sting a little bit, you have to do it into your tummy and I got a little red lump which is only just starting to go down. But it's done and we're triggered and so there's no stopping us now - egg collection here we come!
Oh and from this point onwards is the time when the risk of OHSS becomes real. Please stay away this time..
No comments:
Post a Comment