It's my Nan's birthday today! At least, if she were still alive she would be 102 today - goodness me! It's hard to comprehend really. I was just working it all out and realised that she would have been 102 and also that she has now been gone for 16 years. Where did that time go? Pop has been gone for 13 years and would be 104! Nan and I always kind of shared our birthdays. I was born in a right old rush between midnight and 1am on 30th January and to this day I still believe that I was trying to arrive on Nan's birthday but just didn't quite make it. We were very close and I guess what's what happens when you live a minutes away and spend nearly every day together at some point. Birthdays were great when I was little because at some point we'd go to Nan's house for a big family party for her birthday and so it was always a party for me too. Because Nan and Pop lived in the same road we'd literally pop in whenever we liked - the door was never locked. And there was always someone else from the family there. It was great.
I only appreciate now how lucky I was to have both my great-grandparents with me for so many years and to grow up knowing and loving them. Most of the time I don't think too much about them as they aren't here and it's only now and again when I stop and think that I realise how very very much I love and miss them. Happy Birthday Nan!
I only appreciate now how lucky I was to have both my great-grandparents with me for so many years and to grow up knowing and loving them. Most of the time I don't think too much about them as they aren't here and it's only now and again when I stop and think that I realise how very very much I love and miss them. Happy Birthday Nan!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sarah. May it be full of love, joy and hope. Hannah xx
Post a Comment