Well the party went really well on Saturday. It was good fun actually, Rob's family are lovely, if not a little mad at times and some of them we hadn't seen since our wedding which is quite ridiculous beings that was over a year ago! It was lovely to see them all and catch up and there were only a couple of moments when I felt myself feeling strange.
It was weird to be drinking orange juice whilst they were all getting drunk but I did have one glass of red wine. The strangest thing is that I didn't really enjoy it all that much. The first few sips were lovely and tasty and I really enjoyed about a third of the glass, but the rest was a bit of a struggle and I wonder now why I politely forced myself to finish it. Especially when I woke up on Sunday with a massive headache which kind of hung on for most of the day. I felt really dehydrated too - a hangover on one small glass of red wine - OUCHEE!!! I guess that's what happens when you don't drink for over two months, your body gets used to not having to do that sort of clear-up work!
We went back down to Val & Johns on Sunday as most of the family had stayed overnight and were there for the day which was really nice. We had lunch there and had a good laugh. It was only when everyone went home at about 5pm that we made our way home too and I felt myself just whizzing back down into the blues again.
I was in a really foul mood for about 3-4 hours. I just felt so down. It was as though everything that we had been looking forward to in the last month had finished, the IVF, Christmas at my parents, Christmas at Rob's parents, new year and Jo's party. And that was it. Everything was over. It was hard to make myself think positively about things. I hate feeling like that and it must have been horrible for Rob because if one of us is down it seriously affects the other one too.
Later in the evening I decided to start de-cluttering by clearing out the chest of drawers with our underwear in and when this was done, turned to the wardrobe with my summer and work clothes in. I was very ruthless, throwing away anything which I hadn't worn for ages or wasn't likely to wear again and by the time we went to bed I had a dustbin bag full of stuff. It did the trick though and I felt SO much better. There must be something about dumping the old stuff which is therapeutic - out with the old and in with the new!
I have the shower man here this morning fixing our shower but once he's done I'm hoping to clean, tidy and de-clutter all over the place! (Long may it last as the house desperately needs it!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment