Saturday, 5 January 2008

40th Party - ouchee

I'm not really looking forward to tonight and for that I really apologise to my lovely sister-in-law (Rob's sister). She was 40 last week and is having a big party this evening with around 100 friends and family. Everyone has been looking forward to it as it will be the first time we've seen some of the family since our wedding which is now 14 months ago!

I'm just cramping like mad today though and it is so painful. I'm having to keep an eye on the clock as to when it's safe to take more painkillers and of course things are rather heavy too. It's not really the sort of state you want to be putting on a party-dress and going out. I know that a couple of drinks would probably help to relax things but I'm going to drive as there's also the risk that if I drink I might just end up sobbing which wouldn't be good.

Never mind, I will put my glad-rags on, paint a smile on my face and hopefully win an Oscar for my performance tonight.

No comments: