It's all go and I triggered at 8.30pm this evening which means no more injections for this cycle and egg collection all set for 8.30am on Wednesday morning.
I'm slightly scared though. I have far too many follicles, it's like my first cycle all over again. But on half the stimms, how on earth has that happened? I had to make a decision this morning on whether to continue or not as I'm high risk for OHSS again. My consultant said he was happy for me to go ahead but it was up to me and how I felt and if I thought I wanted to take the risk. Ever since then I've been feeling awful which I'm sure is psychological but I'm just so scared of getting over-stimmed. It was horrible last time and I don't ever want to be that ill and in hospital again so I'm terrified that it might happen. The chances are quite high that it might.
But I've gone for it anyway. Right up until 8.20pm I wasn't sure but then it seemed to late to stop and I did the trigger injection. So there's no going back now. If they retrieve more than 20 eggs on Wednesday then my cycle will automatically stop anyway as they won't put fresh embryos back in because it more or less means immediate OHSS. The trouble is once you've stimmed and had egg collection, the effects of the hormones go on and on for a while and if you put the embryos back and they implant then the effects are increased. So if you already have some OHSS then putting embryos back is far too risky as it just increases the stimulants and gives you even more OHSS.
If I'm not allowed to go onto embryo transfer then they'll just freeze any embryos we produce and we'll have to go for a frozen cycle. We already have 9 frozen embryos so it'll be an expensive cycle if this happens. We went for fresh on purpose as the odds of success are far higher even though it's far more expensive.
Well it's in God's hands now. My work injecting drugs is over and I'm on a roller-coaster now all strapped in for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment