It happened again. I just spent the last week in hospital on a drip feeling absolutely awful. My abdomen completely filled up with fluid and I looked around 6 months pregnant by Tuesday. It was so uncomfortable, much worse than the first time. I have to write this now because I know this feeling will fade but I need to remember how bad OHSS feels. Most of last week both Rob and I were saying that we can't do this again. We just can't go through a cycle which has the risk of this happening again. It's that bad.
I'm not sure where that leaves us or what decisions that might make us make but I have to remember just how bad last week was. I really really can't do that again.
I'm back home now, we got discharged on Friday and my tummy has now gone back to it's normal size although I know there is still fluid in there and BIG ovaries. My tummy and back muscles feel like they've been doing a work-out on their own. Kind of like when you laugh so much your tummy muscles hurt. And I'm so weak and feeble. I tried to run upstairs yesterday without thinking and my legs gave up after the first step. I also get so breathless if I try to walk and talk at the same time. It's very disconcerting.
No comments:
Post a Comment