When I got to work this morning there was a big white board in reception which I stood to read. It told me that the carpet was being laid on the 2nd floor in the corridor and so nobody was to use the lift. Okay no problem as I don't use the lifts anyway. Instead the instructions continued, we were to use the stairs. Fine. However at this point it began to get complicated as there were different instructions on what to do and what not to do depending on where your team were located in the building. And none of it made much sense. I'm sure the person who wrote it knew exactly what they meant but I think the message was slightly (no make that completely!) lost in translation.I stood and re-read the board a few times and feeling rather as though I was missing something just headed for the stairs. We are in the Board room at the moment which is on the 2nd floor and when I got to the top of the stairs there was a no-entry sign over the door. Ah!! So I went back to the first floor and began a trek across and around to another set of stairs. On the second floor the builders have been busy and so there are holes in the floor, paint, wood, junk and people at their desks and so it was rather tricky getting across the building. When I got near there were no carpets, lots of sticky stuff which you couldn't tread on and one of the workmen had to show me the route to get through. It was all very 'Challenge Anneka' stuff.
I got into the Board room and said "Morning! Well that was interesting getting up here today!" to which everyone in the room laughed and began asking me how I'd got up there and describing their route. It turns out that nobody understood the instructions in reception and everyone seemed to have come up by a different route. It was hilarious.We had a good giggle and chat about it all and then I stuck the kettle on and settled down to check my e-mail.
A few minutes later Richard arrived. "Morning" he said, "Well that was interesting getting up here today...!"
It was a funny morning.
1 comment:
My name is Luis!
I Player of Rugby!
I passed by here!
Until one day
Luis
http://eboraguebijuvenil.blogspot.com
Post a Comment