Monday, 23 June 2008

Weigh in - week one

Well after a whole week of counting calories and trying to be healthy, it was time for the weigh-in. I weighed myself last Sunday evening, which is I know the wrong time to weigh yourself, so I was full of all my Sunday food and two Magnum ice-creams and goodness knows how much other junk food that I'd had during the day. Last week I topped the scales at 12 stone exactly. My worst weigh-in ever.

So this Sunday I weighed myself again in the evening and came out at....wait for it...drum-roll....11 stone 8 1/4 pounds. Huzzah! That's a weight loss in one week of 5 3/4 pounds!!

Now before anyone gets too excited I have to tell you that my normal weight over the last few months has been around about 11 stone 8 lbs and so I think that all I have really done is to work off the 'easy' pounds which I'd put on whilst being a porker over the last month.

The hard work starts now to see if I can lose any of my residual weight. Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy not to be 12 stone this week and am thrilled that I've lost over 6 lbs, but I'm determined now to lose some more.