In the last week I have seen the following:-
A big crow chasing a squirrel! He was really pursuing it up a tree. When I walked back the same way about 15 minutes later they were both out of sight but I could still hear Mr Crow up in the tree somewhere making a right old racket!!
Two women walking towards me deep in conversation and both dragging heavily on cigarettes. As they got close I could hear their words which went along the lines of 'and the doctors have told her it's cancer and she needs to start treatment'. Oh the irony.
I also walked home on Monday in the pouring rain. It was just drizzling when I began and before long it got heavier. I didn't have a coat and before long I was absolutely soaked through. But how wonderful! Can you remember the last time you walked somewhere in the rain? And I don't mean running for the bus in the morning or underneath your brolly, I mean proper walking for pleasure in the rain. It was really refreshing to walk and get wet and feel water running down my face (that wasn't tears!) and instead of feeling cold and wet I actually felt full of joy at feeling alive and grateful for my soaking. I walked part of the way smiling and laughing to myself. When I got home, everything had to be peeled off into the washing machine. I can't remember when I last had to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment