Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Busy weekend

Before the weekend I wrote myself a list of things which I wanted to get done whilst Rob was away. To be honest it was a bit pie in the sky - I've written these lists before and then done hardly any of them. But this is how I did.

    Things that I did
  • went on a shopping spree
  • cooked lamb shank for dinner
  • weeded and chopped and generally sorted out the front-garden
  • changed the bed - bliss having big clean lovely bed to myself for 1 night!
  • dusted and hoovered throughout
  • created and sent a disk of wedding photos for Kev & Vicky
  • sent a disk of wedding photos and thank you to Vicky's parents
  • created and sent a family history disk for my cousin Lorna
  • bought nuts for the birds
  • bought Rob a new shirt
  • did some washing - three loads! - it was lovely sunny drying weather!
  • bought bamboo canes for my tomato plants - and fitted them!
  • took all our bottles to the recycling
  • painted my toe nails
    Things that I partly did
  • cleaned the windows - I managed downstairs!
  • decluttered - well I managed my wardrobe (and got rid of a bag of old stuff)
    Things that I didn't do
  • 'no-more-nailed' the drawers in the bedroom to stop them falling apart
It's no wonder I'm exhausted still after the weekend. It really was non-stop. But nice. I always tell Rob that I get more done when he's not there :)
I did find time to sit on my patio in the deckchair which was simply wonderful. I almost fell asleep in the sun actually after doing lots of gardening - dangerous! I also spent some time watching the birds in our garden. We had baby woodpeckers last year so I'm hoping we might get them again this year. I saw both Woody and his wife this weekend as well as our Jay who is normally rather shy - bless!

No comments: