Friday, 14 March 2008

Tits!

I've just spent the afternoon scrubbing, cleaning and disinfecting the kitchen.

We have a wood-burning stove in our living room and for some reason every spring we seem to get either great tits or blue tits fall down into the stove. We get 2-3 every year and the first year we lived here we used to keep the door of the stove tight shut to stop the cold from getting in which meant that we never realised when a bird had fallen down until we suddenly found it dead inside. So these days we keep it slightly ajar so that the bird can get out and doesn't die, but this unfortunately means that the bird is free to fly around the living room (and usually poop on the tv top or the window sill.)

Well today was really strange, I went into the living room first thing and drew the curtains and there was no sign of any wildlife. Later Rob went into the dining room and drew the curtains there and said he thought he heard something. We had a hunt around but couldn't see or hear anything. About an hour later Rob went into the kitchen and there was Mr Birdie flapping around and landing on washing up, shelves and probably just about everything! Arrggghh!! Whilst I was overjoyed to hear he hadn't died and was then freed I was stricken by the thought of him landing on all my kitchen surfaces! So this afternoon I've had to clean absolutely everything from the surfaces to any pots and pans which were out - even the door handles of the cupboards as Rob said it was sitting on some of them.

Still - you should see our nice shiny clean kitchen now ha ha!

No comments: