Monday, 10 March 2008

Time off Work

I've really enjoyed my time off work. In fact it was a blessing at New Year. At the time I felt that I wanted to go back to my old office to the old routine but I know this wouldn't have been a good idea. I think all I really wanted was to get away from the pain in my heart at miscarrying our much wanted baby. Going back to work wouldn't have made any difference and I think it was better to be at home and grieve and just get myself back together again. And back together again I am (I think!) I'm ready to start our next cycle and in fact I'm very very impatient to begin.

I've enjoyed having the chance to go to bed late and get up late when I want to. I've enjoyed spending time at home with Rob and being able to go and see friends and family when I like. I've enjoyed going out on a Sunday and not getting that 'back to work' feeling in the afternoon and worrying about getting back at a decent time to be in bed early ready for work on Monday. I've enjoyed cooking and having the time to search out new receipes and shop for the ingredients and have time in the evening to make them. I've enjoyed being able to eat our dinner at lunchtime if we want or the evening if we prefer. I've also loved being able to think about things and be able to blog whenever I like, which is often every day. I've really enjoyed being able to read and read and read and I've gone through tons of books in the last month, some of which have been on our bookshelf for years. I've loved being more active, walking into town and running again twice a week and just feeling healthier.

I thought after a month off work I'd be bored but I could quite easily carry on being unemployed for quite a while longer. I've enjoyed my time off and there are so many more things I could enjoy doing if I was off work for longer. (All I need now is to find someway of funding that lifestyle ha ha)

No comments: