So there I was in Cardiff being updated by text messages from my brother and Dad, "it's snowing", "three tries to one at half-time" and the wonderful wonderful "full-time 18-8 to Saints - we're promoted!" Oh my goodness - tears in the eyes time again! I'm so so proud of the boys and I wish I could have been there. Much as I love rugby and can watch any team play and really enjoyed the EDF games, there's something about watching your own team play which brings up emotions that just can't be matched watching as a neutral.
Around 10 months ago, Captain Bruce took the microphone with tears in his eyes and apologised to the fans for the team getting relegated. Everyone stayed behind and clapped the team and sang 'Oh when the Saints' and pledged to stand by them. Yesterday he took the Saints back up into the Premiership - what a star. We love you Brucie.In two weeks time we are going to Twickenham to play Exeter once again, this time in the EDF National Trophy. How sweet it would be to get promoted and go to Twicks to win a trophy. This is one day I AM NOT missing!
Time for a team hug!
Thanking the fans
Woo-hoo!



2 comments:
Nice One! Here's to a great season of great rugby and neither of us being relagated! H x
Hi Sarah! I'm so happy to have found your blog, you have commented on mine a couple of times and I just now found where yours is:) I hope you are well and just wanted to let you know I think of you and what you are going through trying to have a family and SO understand. You are in my prayers...if you'd ever like to email me to talk feel free:)
lanipuakea@gmail.com
Blessings....
Post a Comment