I cut my finger this evening when I was chopping an onion - the knife slid down over the edge of the onion and straight into my finger. It was one of our nice sharp wedding knives so made a nasty gash! I'm not very good with knives and once cut myself pretty badly on a penknife and had to have some stitches. So when I did it this evening I had that same first 'oh my gosh' feeling where you know you've done something bad to yourself but don't quite know how bad for a few seconds until you look down and it starts bleeding. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be too bad. It didn't really want to stop bleeding for a while so I strapped it up and it's now throbbing on and off. Oops!
Tomorrow is my last working day this week having survived three days so far in a brand new office with brand new colleagues. It's been very strange starting somewhere new. Everyone has been friendly and nice and it seems like a relaxed and cool place to work. Rob asked me yesterday if I liked it but I couldn't really answer him. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm not sure how I feel about it right now. It's all too new and I've not really done any proper work yet so I guess time will tell. I will most definitely enjoy and appreciate my Easter break though because I won't be working - yay!
One of the things I know I'm enjoying about my new job is that I no longer have a commute. This week Rob has been dropping me off in the morning at about half-past eight. Which means that I've not really been getting up until around half-past seven. How cool is that? And then coming home I've walked every day. So instead of having a commute, I now have a 35-40 minute exercise session after work where I pop on my trainers and power-walk home. I'm loving it! I'm going to get my bike from mum and dads in two weeks time and then I'll be able to cycle both ways. When I was walking home this evening all the cars were queueing at the roundabouts to get out of Kings Hill - loads and loads of them. And I felt really proud of myself that I wasn't sitting there polluting too - yeah! Go girl!
1 comment:
Yeay to you.
Hope your finger gets better!
Happy Easter, H x
Post a Comment