I posted a status on Facebook over the weekend of 'Sarah is feeling WOO! and EEK!' because I realised that my IVF treatment would be starting this week which is exciting but scary all in one go. I didn't really give much thought to updating Facebook and didn't realise I would get such interest. It seems that everyone has read it and now thinks I'm pregnant! Which added to the fact that I watched and didn't play rugby on Saturday means that everyone is putting 2 + 2 together and making 5!
I feel kind of mean for not telling people the truth when they ask me about what WOO and EEK mean. On one hand I'd really like to confide in people and talk about things as I know my friends would be really sympathetic and understanding. But on the other hand I just want to get pregnant and I want that thrill of being able to go for my 12 and 16 week scans, keeping it a secret until things look okay and then be able to tell them with my scan photos.
I guess we've had such a hard time getting to this point that I kind of want to keep one secret behind, have one trick still in the bag and have one final thing that we can do normally by being able to announce I'm pregnant.
I still wish I could talk to people about it though and there are a couple of friends I've very nearly confided in. Quite a few know that we are trying and know of our desire for a baby but none of them know quite how long we have been trying. I guess the next couple of months will be the decider. If it goes well then bonza! - we'll be able to share the good news with everyone at some point in the New Year. If it fails then I guess we will amost be forced to share what we are going through because we will have to face the trauma of trying again (whilst job hunting!) and also face the possibility that our life might not be going in quite the direction we imagined it would.
No comments:
Post a Comment