Wednesday, 3 October 2007

Not long to go..

Our IVF dates are getting closer and closer - eek! It's taken forever to get here and now I suddenly don't feel very prepared. The future after November seems like another world and one in which I don't really know what is going to happen.

We have our appointment with the nurse on 16th October which is just 2 weeks away. I believe this is to go through all the legal paperwork and to plan out the treatment. I'm not really sure what to expect but I think that I will get a run through of all the drugs and I presume some lessons in injecting them. I've been thinking of all the questions I should be asking as it all seems very very complicated and scary.

I've been getting myself really worried the last few days as I have the dates for various appointments already made such as baseline scans, egg harvesting and embryo transfer and it all revolves around my predicted period date of Tuesday 6th November. Now here lies what could be a problem because if your cycle looks like it will arrive 7-days either side of that date you have to let them know because they may need to re-plan your treatment. My cycle has been a bit up and down and so my dates have gradually moved and at the moment I'm guessing that my period is going to arrive earlier than expected, probably around the 31st October. I don't like the 'appointments may have to be re-planned' wording as I know they have a very full diary and schedule and I'm praying my dates don't change as I fear it might be another 4-5 months wait otherwise. I'm SO looking to Nov/Dec for my treatment and I'll be really gutted if I have to wait some more time.

I had a very sleepless night last night as I was mulling this all over in my head. My period is due on Friday and I could feel it beginning to arrive yesterday. It's still not really here now but its definitely imminent which is another 2-days early which is just not good - I'm willing it to hold on for another 24 hours! I kept thinking in my head how November is a great time to start because it's my last month at work and so I can get away with having some doctors appointments and time off without anyone noticing. And then before the main harvesting and transfer in December I will finish work and so can relax at home without too much stress.

Having to postpone the treatment would be a pain as I need to look for work after Christmas and I'd then have to go through explaining to a new employer about needing time off for IVF. Of course I'm hoping and praying that by the time I come to look for work after Christmas I'm in the pudding club and can just look for some temporary work to tide me over :) Wouldn't that be simply wonderful? - please please please God let this be our time.

No comments: