Tuesday, 16 October 2007

A whole year

It's our 1st wedding anniversary on Sunday - how quickly did that year go by? This time last year I was ticking off the last minute things on my planning list and finishing sticking all the names onto the seating plan for about the twentieth time!

I was thinking about it being our anniversary yesterday and so went to buy a card for Rob at lunchtime. The strangest thing happened - when I was looking through the cards in the shop, I began to get quite tearful, realising that we had been married for a whole year. And what a wonderful year! I began to think about how happy we were and that for the rest of my life at this time of year I'll be searching for a nice card for my husband and thinking - Wow - x years!

It seems strange to be celebrating an actual anniversary - we celebrate our marriage every time we say 'I love you' and kiss and smile to say 'hello' or 'goodbye'. One year though - Wowee! We will be celebrating by spending Saturday with a load of our friends at a BBQ and watching the rugby world cup final. And then on our anniversary we will be going to church to celebrate Josh's special Christening Day. It's nice to think that we will be in church at the same time a year on for another special service. We can squeeze each others hands and offer thanks.

No comments: