Sunday, 28 October 2007

Winter starts here!

It's been a strange weekend, the first we've spent at home for a while and so the chance to actually re-l-ax and take things easy. We did have big plans for today to tidy up the front garden and cut back all the shrubs ready for the winter but unfortunately (yeah -right!) it was pouring with rain so we decided to give it a miss ha ha.

We went to watch Beccs ladies play yesterday as their match had been moved to Saturday. I'd already said I wasn't playing - and we were going to be going to mums at one point but we didn't in the end. I still felt guilty going to watch when I could have been playing and everyone kept asking why I wasn't playing. In fact everyone seems to think I must be pregnant which is definitely not the case!! It was fun watching though, although they were playing Beckenham and did lose 45-0 again. It's such a shame, they are trying really hard and becoming a close knit team but they SO need someone to take them back to basics in training and get them doing some of the simple things right. I came away being really glad and happy that I'd been to see the girls and have a drink with them afterwards but even happier that I hadn't played as I would have been so annoyed and frustrated with playing in such a game.
I did wish I was playing though :)

The clocks went back an hour last night and I had masses of sleep this morning and woke up feeling alive and ended up jumping around the house singing. I'm exhausted now as the day seems to have gone on forever :) Of course it now means that the evenings will be dark and I will now mostly be leaving the house in the dark and returning to the house in the dark. POO! I really hate the clocks going back. I love winter and the crisp bright days which come along. The nip in the air, the excitement in the lead up to Christmas. But I really hate sitting at my desk at work looking out at the dark at 5pm in the evening. Oh well! Only a month until I leave....eek!

No comments: